Once we have received your referral from your GP, your referral will be triaged and when appropriate, we will organise an initial outpatient appointment for you with our Consultant Surgeon. We will send you a letter confirming the date and time of your consultation. When you arrive at the hospital we will ask you to complete a Registration Card. You will be asked to take a seat and the Surgeon will collect you from the reception area and accompany you to the consulting room.
Due to the current situation we ask that:
- You only attend your appointment if you are symptom free and have not been in contact with anyone who is suspected of having the virus or has been tested positive as having the virus
- You attend your appointment alone, unless it is absolutely necessary to have someone accompany you (for example, to act as an interpreter)
- You wear a face mask within the hospital
- You use the facilities to wash you hands and use the hand sanitiser that is available
- We will only allow a limited number of patients in our reception area at one time to maintain social distancing, this means that occasionally we will have to ask you to wait in your car until your appointment time